Everyday Luxury - Fabrics by Ivan Meade



When I first saw the picture above pop into my facebook feed, I thought,what is this vision of beauty? Yes, she is lovely, but look at that fabric. I couldn't fully explore until this evening, but when I learned that Ivan Meade launched this breathtaking line of designer fabrics, I was instantly enamored. Ivan, of course, is an exceptionally talented Designer, based in Victoria, B.C. but his work spans throughout North American and Europe. And it isn't just Interiors, his scope of work includes some incredible work in Graphic Design and Branding. Naturally, this line of fabric is a culmination of his life's work and experiences over the past 20 years.  

Every pattern does indeed have a story, and every story makes me appreciate the art and thoughtful nature of each delicate design.  Below and above is Grabado, an homage to Ivan's favorite artist Matthäus Merian (1593-1650).  I love that for me, this pattern reminds me of the beautiful ripple effect on water when the sun is setting. One of my favorite gifts from Mother Nature.    


Just a sample (above) of stripes and textures from Ivan Meade's new collection.


My personal aesthetic is rooted in classic, elegant and timeless design. I have a hard time committing to bold colours and patterns. These wonderful patterns I could easily commit to,  And the colours are so subtle, with names like Miel (Honey) and Cenote (Google it!). You too will not resist how they compliment one another. This fabulous pattern is called Vista Hermosa - inspired by the tile patters in his grandparents home. It's so delicate, but a so sophisticated. 



Below is Vista Hermosa - in Cenote


If you get a chance, you should hop over to explore the entire line, that includes geometrics, and silks, linens and some incredible textures. Below is Mariposa - in Carbon, a modern toile, inspired by Ivan's mother, whose style mixes updated interpretations of the classics. It's perfection.

Congratulations Ivan! What an incredible collection you have created.  


All images via Ivan Meade.

No comments:

Post a Comment